Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Worrying About New Orleans


This is RDA, my wife, walking down the portico of the replica of the Parthenon in Nashville. She is not worrying about New Orleans in the picture. She is compassionate about their suffering today while she is in Iowa City.

I am worrying about New Orleans. What is the best way to help? I am sending money. Is there something else that I can do? Should I feel guilty for eating today when there are others that are not eating? Should I be disgusted with my government for responding so slowly? No. I do not think feelings of anger and disgust will help the people in New Orleans. I will spend some silent time meditating and praying and I will send money. If I find a way to do more then I will. More will be revealed. Meanwhile I will enjoy life to the fullest in honor of those who are not able to do so. Worry does no one any good. When I worry I miss the beauty of this moment.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

thinking similar thoughts; checking out who's talking about this while hitting "next blog" and am astonished that this is not the topic foremost on more people's minds...
take care,
Cathy

9:02 AM  
Blogger Dale Hankins said...

thanks for taking the time to send me a note...you are my first commenter! I wish you the best as you "hit the next blog"...

present
dale

12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home