Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Rationalization


I do not know the difference between rationalization and revelation. Often in the past I have thought that I had a revelation only to later discover that it was a rationalization. For example, one time I thought it was "revealed" to me that I should be a minister or priest. I later had the realization that my revelation was simply a rationalization for my desire to tell others what to believe thereby contriving meaning for my existence.

It also once was revealed to me that I should be great writer or artist. Later, when I was not high, I read my writing and saw my art. I decided to go into business.

The analysis of revelation versus rationalization is too great a philosophical quandry for me. I will leave the matter to great thinkers...and of course the politicians.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home