Thursday, August 11, 2005

Caux Day 7

I lost a few days blogging time due to the simple challenge of making it to all of the meetings and spending time talking with people. I have met many new friends at Caux - so many that it is hard to keep track. Here I am with new friends from Germany, Palestine and Egypt. We shared in the Middle Eastern custom of smoking flavored tobacco in a water pipe (I have forgotten the name). Our dialogue was very helpful to me. I am less fearful and hopefully I have let my friends see that Americans are just people - not self-righteous idealogues. Unfortunately, as my pot-belly in the above photo shows, I have not been a poster child for America's moderation in food and diet.

I dream of a time when our governments are as able to sit and chat as I and my friends did. Oh well. That is much too large an issue for me to get lost in. For now I will just concentrate on keeping contact with the people I have met at Caux.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home